Friday, June 27, 2008

Crying Times and into the Circle of Love

As I was crossing the EDSA-east avenue pedestrian, I saw this boy carrying two bagful of garbage. Then, a bag suddenly fell and garbages rolled off the streets. So, I slowly picked up each flattened plastic bottles and returned it to him. Lo and behold! He looked into my eyes and said, "salamat po!". I can't helped it, tears rolled down my cheeks. I thought for a long time that I had this flat emotions but I was surprised that I can still empathized with real life situations. Then, while commuting, a text message also touched my heart, "elma (encio) passed away this morning at 7:10am". Elma was a good friend of mine. I used to visit her to buy something from her "tindahan ni Ate". She died of cancer of the uterus. But I was also thankful and she already overcame this physical pain. What I remembered from her was her concept of 'love for humanity'. Despite her condition, she served the Movement half of her lifetime. Also, she never thought that her physical dis-ability (hunchback) might be an impediment in pursuing a 'romantic' love. In her lifetime, she had experienced a 'true love' and never thought it was impossible (despite her physical deformity). I too believe in the greatness of love but more than the 'romantic' notion of love, I treat every moment of my life as loving life; thus, there is no demarcation between 'romantic' or any other kind of love. Everything is love. As Rumi would say, "out from the circle of time, into the circle of love". Farewell, elms and congratulations because you are now traveling again into the circle of love...

No comments: